Sunday, April 02, 2006

Random Fury


We are having EVER so much fun! ~ unknown

It is an absolutely beautiful day. The sun is amazingly bright. The temperature is perfect. However, I am in a mood so foul that I cannot even fathom enjoying one single shred of it. I awoke earlier than I had wanted. Was it me or was it due to Son's determination to wake up everyone? I don't know which came first...me waking by my own free will or me waking due to his evil actions. He cranked the volume on every TV, turned on every light, and slammed his door repeatedly. He wasn't even frightened by the Joan-Crawford-esque witch that demanded him to stop. Then Finley needed to go out. No problem. I took her out, she did her thing, we came back in. I watched some TV and then decided I needed to get the children ready for Sunday School. Daughter did not want to go and due to the time change I didn't push it. Due to my PMS, every untidy part of the house (and believe me there are many) was magnified to epic proportions. I unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, wiped counter tops, put Hubby's clothes in the dryer, folded some other wash, argued with Son about what to wear to Sunday School, worked on spots that Finley made on the floor yesterday while I was at a meeting for my summer employment (of course these spots weren't touched yesterday - the best I can hope for around here is for a white towel to be placed and left on the spot until both the towel and carpet reek of urine reminding me of how Adam Sandler handles bodily fluids in Big Daddy but only replacing the newspaper with the white towel!). In the midst of my obsessive compulsive cleaning, the dog decides to pee on the floor again. Perhaps she thinks I like cleaning up after her and was doing a good thing for me. Oh, how I wished for a shock collar at that moment. When I took Son to church, he asked when the deer from Christmas were not going to be in the yard anymore. Good question. It is April! So, when I returned from church delivery, I destroyed the handy work of my husband and removed the fallen deer (the wind had blown them over some time ago...was this a tribute to deer season perhaps?). I mistakenly thought that I would not have had to do this, but.....ANYWAY! As the morning has worn on, the voices in my head - which sound just like my own voice - began to make lists of all sorts of atrocities that have been committed by others, undoubtedly in an attempt to enrage me. After cleaning the toilet and the vanity, putting away some laundry, commanding Daughter to put her clothing AWAY (which, by the way, does not mean dumping it in some unseen location...IT MEANS HANG IT OR PUT IT IN THE DRAWERS), and trying to decide what would be a good breakfast choice (and deciding that even though the PMS alter-ego really wanted that chocolate doughnut, it was not worth the CULT points - I have yet to eat since NOTHING compared with the thought of that stupid doughnut), I have finally come upstairs to vent my frustrations. Hubby came up while I was writing, read what I had written (and that was only when I had made the Joan Crawford reference), and informed me that he was getting the dog out of here for a bit. Was it the threat he overheard to get rid of her (as if he had to overhear as I was screaming at the dog)? Was it my rantings about how the dog had peed all over the carpet yesterday while I was out? Yes, I bought the dog. But it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way this morning when the rest of the free world (ie my family) was contentedly wallowing around while I suffered from the compulsion to clean the filth of our home. Again, my problem. I plead fury by reason of PMS insanity. Is my work done? NO. Do I want the doughnut? YES. Am I still furious? NOT SO MUCH. Is that last nerve still raw? YES. Could I easily be pushed back to my earlier state of rage? DEFINITELY. Oh....frabjous day! Since it isn't quite noon, perhaps I can salvage some part of this day. I still need to clean the yard, sort through Son's drawers to remove the clothes that are too small or too torn, put away my laundry, do more laundry, clean out my car, DOES ANYONE HAVE A VALIUM?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you just hang in there until the feeling passes or a valium appears (a tylenol pm or 2 sometimes does the same trick!!) i know it doesn't help when the troops are working against you (whether purposefully or accidentally!) i can't say i've gotten to experience the feelings of PMS in a while, but if it makes you feel any better, i spent all of this past friday in a grumpy mood - this was brought on after yet ANOTHER sleepless night due to all sorts of discomfort, a doctor's appt where they told me NOTHING is happening that indicates this baby will ever come, rainy weather, the fact that it feels like someone is walking on my pelvic bone and i have an ankle in my rib cage, etc. a milkshake from coldstone creamery helped a little bit in cheering me up (kinda like a chocolate donut).
give the kids and the dog to hubby and see if you can crawl under the covers and watch stupid tv for a while (isn't there a world where you're allowed to do that!?!??!)
carolina