Friday, April 21, 2006

Stupid Fun

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Share the fun! While dozing in bed this morning listening to my favorite morning show, The Daily Buzz, I happened to rouse myself long enough to listen to a segment about places on the web. This one caught my attention. Visit it and you'll see why. It combines my affection for prank phone calls with my addiction to the computer. It is CareerBuilder Monk-e Mail. There you can select a chimp, dress it, accessorize it, select the background, and (THE BEST) select text for the monkey to say in a delightful email. Daughter and I had fun sending a monk-e mail to Girlfriend with a quote from Napoleon Dynamite: Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD! We selected that one because we put the chimp in a field of llamas. Totally stupid. Totally fun. Check your boxes, folks....you may be the recipient of some monk-e mail from moi! It may take a bit...it wouldn't let us send more than two at a time. That means that one of you diligent readers has some ma-il (you must user a sing-songy voice for that last word).

2 comments:

Suzie said...

"This Sucks! The princess shouldn't have to clean." Nice chimp. It make me think of the Bare Naked Ladies song Postcard.

Mary Frances said...

wHey Kristin!

We have recently discovered MonkEMail too. The girls LOVE it! All of their friends have now gotten mail from a chimp! Hope you are well!! I had my last class today. I am 45 pages of papers, one sermon, and one exam away from freedom for the summer!

Hugs,
MM