Friday, April 07, 2006

I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing!

Observations of overstressed rats may help explain why dieters so often fail and binge-eat instead. A combination of stress, deprivation and exposure to tempting food pushed the rats to overeat, according to two studies in the October issue of Behavioral Neuroscience. ~ Robert Preidt

I guess I am no better than a rat. My weekly ritual of binge eating following the Cult meeting has hit a new level. On my way home I had to stop for some ground turkey for dinner. As I passed the dairy case, a voice called out to me. It was the Nestle bunny beckoning to me...."Buy the chocolate milkshake drink! You have dieted all week, lost some weight, and you deserve it!" Who can resist the Nestle bunny? The thick chocolaty drink was divine! By the time I arrived home I was experiencing a magnificent sugar high. Absolutely delightful! As I began to prepare dinner (a bounty of pasta and meat sauce) I heard a disturbance in my refrigerator. At first I didn't recognize the sound, so I meandered over to the fridge and opened the door. Just as I thought: the baseball-sized peanut butter Easter egg that Hubby had bought a week ago was calling to me. Well, fearing that the peanut butter egg might go bad, I decided I needed to personally check it out. I didn't want my family to suffer from my poor cleaning habits and eat something that was foul. Let me tell you....the fourth I ate was wonderfully delicious. So was the jalapeno cheese dip with the baked Ritz crackers. The mound of sauce-drenched pasta was excellent as was the cheesy Texas toast. I was afraid of that egg again, so I had to take one more taste. Still delicious! My stomach is now bloated and sore. I haven't binged like this in a LONG time. It was incredibly decadent and enjoyable while it lasted....now I am going to go wallow somewhere. I am all about the occasional binge, but not so much a fan of the purge. Tomorrow begins the new week of the obsessive point calculations for another 7 days...until my post-Cult-meeting binge for next week!

No comments: