Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We've Got the Juice


I said I wanted to go back to a time when there (weren't) cars or computers or electricity because you had to work for what you wanted. Everything wasn't handed to you. ~ Kelly Chandler

I do not know Kelly Chandler and after reading her quote I know I totally disagree with her. I have worked hard in order to buy a car, computer, and a generator so I do not have to sit in a dark, cold house when the power is off for over 12 hours in a day due to inclement weather. Living in what many perceive to be "paradise" has its negative side, too. The Nor'easter has left us unable to get off our island and without electricity since 5 something this morning. Poo on Kelly Chandler. Yay for the generator so I can use my computer during a major power-outage!

Additional comment (11-23-06): This is a photo taken yesterday of Highway 12 heading south toward Rodanthe. This is our lifeline as we only have one road connecting us with the rest of the world. See what I mean about the negative side to paradise? At the present moment, bulldozers are trying as hard as they can to get the road open. Check out the live cam to see the progress.

No comments: