Friday, November 17, 2006

'Tis the Season?

Did you ever notice that life seems to follow certain patterns? Like I noticed that every year around this time, I hear Christmas music. ~ Tom Sims

I recently read an entry on Hippie Chick's blog in which she voiced her feelings about Christmas "starting" already when Thanksgiving hasn't even come. Like her, I typically enjoy not seeing Christmas up-close-and-personal until AFTER Thanksgiving. Some radio/XM stations have already started playing Christmas music....not just a few songs here and there....all Christmas all the time. Not something I am truly ready for! However, I have to admit, in a desperate move to get the kids MOVING the other morning, I found one of these stations and blasted it throughout the house. I thought it might be so odd that it would make them cheerful and quick - bah, hah. I must also admit that as much as I DON'T want to hear Christmas music yet, I got to hear my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE Christmas song and it filled me with absolute joy. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a well-sung version of O Holy Night. It made me just a little excited for the Christmas season to begin. For now, though, I am looking forward to stuffing myself with all the delicacies of Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I agree that Christmas should at least wait for Thanksgiving to be over, or at least Halloween!

Anonymous said...

In theory and in my home, I'm right there with you! However, as a retailer (YUCK!) You should SEE the reaction of people - granted I sell ornaments so I have a tiny lighted Christmas tree up year-round, but I put out some Chrismas hand-painted wine glasses last week (since they got delivered to me last week) and did a little display - it did generate a lot of interest among the (very few) shoppers that graced the store. So...once again I'm torn :( Sentiment or sales? That's a tough one!