Sunday, February 05, 2006

WHAT?!



Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former.
- Albert Einstein

I took a few moments today to sit back and see what sort of drivel I could find on TV to occupy myself for a few moments. What did I happen upon? Puppy Bowl II on Animal Planet. I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. For three hours one can watch puppies in an enclosed area fabricated to resemble a football arena. Actually, that is not completely accurate....during halftime a "stage" is placed in the arena. The stage is a cat's dream with all sorts of feathery, dangly things attached. Yes, halftime entertainment is provided by kittens. What is the saddest part of all this? The cruelty to the animals being used as spectacles? The fact that this three-hour ordeal is being run over and over until 3am Monday morning? The fact that I watched it long enough to share it and find the web link so you could view it, too? The fact that I got my brother off his exercise bike to turn the junk on? The fact that my husban knew of it? The fact that this is available for purchase on DVD? So sad....all of it.

No comments: