Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Unexpected Smile

Life is measured by moments that take our breath away. - author unknown

It's amazing to me how memory works. A mere word, visual clue, song, or smell can trigger a memory so strong that it can automatically take one to another place and time as if she were a time traveler. Moments later the memory itself and the thing that triggered it can be gone...hidden until jogged from the recesses of the mind yet again. This experience happened for me this morning. I was driving Daughter and I to work and something (I cannot even remember at this moment...only a little over an hour ago) brought a delightful memory of my mom to me. A smile immediately emerged and a sense of sheer happiness filled me. What was the memory? I can't remember. It has slipped away into some crawlspace in my mind. I am thankful for the moment and hope the memory will again resurface to bring unexpected joy into my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin -- This is Kathy from your Theta days. You can catch out my blog at www.xanga.com/uncskainch if you want, or email at kathy@newagrarian.com -- I found your blog through MaryMac's!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your blogs. Don't know how you have the time to do it, but I am impressed with your thoughts. Keep going with the weight and keep encouraging me. We all need that in our lives.L

Anonymous said...

This is the best, they are gone but never forgotten, it was your mom's way of leting you know that she is out of the "box" and that you need to feel her. R A