Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pointless Dissatisfaction


Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent. - Troy: Reality Bites

Have you ever just felt dissatisfied for no real reason? This sense of dissatisfaction has dominated my weekend. Since I am a woman, I am going to blame it all on PMS since there is no real reason for me to be so BLAH. Is there any better reason? Anyway, who is going to dare to argue with me?

Week in Review:

Even after a weekend of decadent and gluttonous food and beverage consumption, I was able to lose 3 pounds this week, bringing my total loss to "SIX, YES, SIX" pounds. I am wearing my skinny jeans, but still want to lose some more. I am sure the wonders of the menstrual cycle will cause me to show a significant GAIN this week, just when my hormonal moods are at their best. Until then, I will relish in the weight loss of last week. Jazzercise was cancelled due to personal issues with the instructor so I didn't have to see the Inquiring Mind who, by the way, did not attend the meeting this week either.

I am so proud of Daughter!!! Report cards came out this week and she made Principal's List! I normally would not have included this, but I have come to the realization that I do not praise her enough for her accomplishments. I have never wanted to be one of those obnoxious moms that brag ad nauseum about their children. Therefore, I have swung the pendulum in the opposite direction and not praised her as I should. I have extremely high expectations for her and I need to make her see just how proud I am of her when she achieves or exceeds those expectations (which is more often the case) rather than pointing out the expectations that she does not achieve. Yes, I will make another deposit solely for this purpose in the Future Psychiatric Treatment fund that I have set up for the children. Initial deposits were placed during my tour of duty in the Master's program.

Friday was much fun! Well, it didn't begin as fun. After finding out that my bike and Daughter's bike were stolen right out of our driveway, I came home from work and set about the weekend ritual of housecleaning (does this ever end? Oh, how I loathe cleaning my house!). I usually don't start until Saturday, but something inspired me. I blame insanity or anger over the bikes. Our home is in right in the epicenter of our village...falsely assuring me that our home is safe from thievery. Back to the real story. Of course I was in cleaning clothes that can be abused by various cleaning solutions and was planning for a quiet (I use that term loosely considering the children and the pup) evening of sloth-like behavior at home. That's when Hubby called from the video store. He ran into Clem and Clementine who were heading out to dinner and wanted us to come. Oh the dilemma!! I had to change out of the Orphan-Annie-esque cleaning attire and morph into going-out-to-eat mode. Not only that, I had not skimped on the points throughout the day as I usually do when I know I have an evening of eating/drinking ahead of me. I threw all caution to the wind and delighted in the impromptu opportunity for some adult interaction. It was well worth the effort. I was modest in my entree selection...but after some wine, I became more uninhibited and even agreed to ice cream pie for dessert. The plan was for Hubby and me to split it UNTIL IT CAME OUT WITH STRAWBERRIES ON IT!!! Hubby is allergic. I ate the whole delicious dessert myself!!! It was the best thing I had eaten in a month (and has been equally ranked with the carrot cake I ate last night)!!!! I will remind myself to read this blog on Thursday when the scale breaks under my weight. PMS + ice cream pie= weight gain inevitably.

On the agenda tonight is Super Bowl. We are going to Melissa and Karaoke King's house to hang out with some friends and inevitably eat far too much. I have planned on two low-point snacks to try to help with the point calculations. I am going to stuff mushrooms with spinach and tomatoes because they are all 0 point foods. I will most assuredly sprinkle them with some Parmesan, but only a trace. Then I am going to make a roasted veggie dip which is 0 points until you add the crackers for dipping. I could go with dipping veggies into the veggie dip which would be more 0 points, but the Wheat Thins will probably taste better and, if I remember correctly, one serving of 14 crackers is only 1 point. The saddest thing about these Super Bowl festivities is that I only know of 1 team that is playing. I could really care less about the game. For me it is about the companionship, food, and commercials.

So, there you have it. An entire week in review in a miniscule space. OK, so I left out the new step aerobics class I went to, talking to Carolina on the phone (YAY!!), Daughter's basketball game, watching Flight Plan from my snuggly bed, going to a few idiotic work-related meetings, and the stress level I experienced trying to accommodate everything. I could be here for days trying to rehash all that. Oh, the fun that awaits this week! Hopefully good sporting events (I dare not jinx the exact one I am referring to by even writing it) will be one of the results I can bask in during the week!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand and relate (though I can't blame it on PMS!). Last week was just blah! I'm sleeping horribly, so I had to deal with the frustration of being exhausted, going to bed, and waking up even more tired (and usually with a backache). So, I was a bit out of sorts - my husband was traveling in the Great White North (he was up in Canada), so I watched a lot of Lifetime tv and was a couch potato. Oh, and I tried to go shopping to pick up a few things since I'm growing out of some things - shopping while 7 months pregnant (by yourself) is just not fun! Let's see - Thursday night, hubby was coming home, so I cleaned and planned a nice dinner, using my crockpot for the first time. Well, the receipe and my crockpot were not in sync, and the dinner got burned, resulting in me having to soak/scrub the crockpot for the next THREE days to get the crud out! Plus, hubby ran late and didn't get home until 9:30pm. Dinner for me ended up being microwave popcorn and hubby ate leftovers. All told, I was glad to see last week end! K - I distinctly remember one of our college phrases (when something went wrong) being "I'm so dissatisfied!!" think that summed up last week. Oh well, on to bigger and better things! take care, Kimmie