Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Day

"I do like green eggs and ham!" ~ Green Eggs and Ham

Today is the first birthday since 1999 that I have genuinely enjoyed! I did avoid the things I hate the most: the group singing in the cafeteria; anything that put the spotlight on me....you get the idea. But I received several sincere "happy birthday's" and had a wonderful evening with Hubby & the kids (minus the part where Son fell off his seat landing under the table on the floor crying) and Dad and More-Than-a-Stepmom. We went to a tee-ball game, too. Hubby's family came to that. I don't know if it had to do with the talk I had with R the other day or if it was just time, but this birthday has actually made me smile...a joyful smile....one of those smiles that emanates from your heart. I love my family. I love my friends (and I talked to several today). I am truly blessed. Now, I'm off to read my MySpace and go vote for Jordin to win American Idol....did she kick ass or what?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay - so glad it was a good one! great catching up with you, however limited time we did have! have a great, 3-1/2 day weekend - carolina

Anonymous said...

does this work??

Kristin said...

does what work?

Anonymous said...

MY SPECIAL DAY
As children, Mom and Dad would always call our birthdays our "special day." the traditions of "my special day, let us know how much we were loved and cherished by everyone in the family. I remember when I was younger, I'd race down the steps on "my special day." All day long, I was pampered because it was my day-a day totally dedicated to me. Getting whatever I wanted made me feel unique. I looked forward to that day each year. As the years have passed, I still wake up on "my special day" and smile remembering those times and the times to come. I've learned so much over the years and one thing is for certain, time does not hold your hand, you hold it. If there is one gift that I wish for you, it is to make the most of your "special day" and let those around you show how much they cherish and love you. You deserve it!!!! luv ya Ra

Mary Frances said...

Do you remember the birthday we spent on our happy bus tour of the Northeast? I still remember the white birthday cake and one candle...though I believe it was a match or something esle improvised! ROFL! Happy Belated Birthday!!!