Thursday, May 10, 2007

Book Club Update

We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now! ~ Whitenail

Book Club Status: the books have not arrived. No reading has taken place. We have had three official meetings. Sounds pretty good, huh? Tonight we enjoyed the fine literary genre entitled: restaurant menu. We met at Capt. Jacks for food, fun, and WINE!!!!!! I rarely drink wine, but it was quite enjoyable. Except for Ethel, it was a crowd of chicks that fell into two categories: those I have not met (in fact, there was one chick who I am still not sure who she is/was) and those I have met, but not really spent any time with. I had a FABULOUS time. I still need to pack Son for his trip to the Monster Truck Jam and the (as he told his grandfather today) drug races. I assure you that he is not dealing drugs.....he is merely going to the DRAG races. I guess it could have been worse...he could have said he was going to be drug RUNNING. Better get off this addictive waste of time and get someone's clothes together and get to bed. I am getting observed tomorrow....can't be draggin' for that!!! It's kinda hard to bring this day to an end, though. Fun with the girls was a definite highlight as was hangin' out with my sisters-in-law to plan a big shindig. The absolute pinnacle of the day (now, I wasn't being sarcastic until I got to this point!!!) sexual harassment that was intended to be a compliment....I think. It came from a guy I went to high school with. He now is a substitute teacher @ our school. He used to teach @ the secondary school until he was asked to leave b/c of an addiction problem. Luscious said I needed to report him to the administration after I told her what he said. I'm hoping it was just because he knows me from wilder days. At least my room was stench-free today. I don't like it when my classroom smells like a rotten fish market. I'm just wondering....does every workplace seem to be a den of deranged people? When I actually think about all the weird stuff that goes on at work....the stories I hear, the things people do, the crap I endure, etc. (and yes, I do contribute to the delinquency to a degree - BUT there are actually freakier people than me who work at my school)....I wonder if it's commonplace or beyond bizarre. Talk amongst yourselves and get back to me. :0)

4 comments:

Suzie said...

You should hear the crap that is said around here. I think when you get any group of "adults" together, it can be very strange.

Anonymous said...

No need to go the the admin about the problem I can handle it if need be. Also, glad you are enjoying the book club, read one for me because I am not sure if I can anymore. About the Fish Market comment, be careful you know things have a way of coming back and biting you in the ass sometimes. I can handle that to.

Anonymous said...

Yay book club! :)

jackie said...

hey kristin, i tagged you to do a meme on my blog. :)