Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Woman Obsessed

'Mad' is a term we use to describe a man who is obsessed with one idea and nothing else. ~ Ugo Betti

Did you ever see that movie on the Lifetime channel where the woman tried to have her daughter's classmate killed in order to get her own child a spot on the cheerleading squad? Irrational, right? I AM IN NO WAY CONTEMPLATING DRASTIC MEASURES LIKE THAT...however, do you ever find yourself doing something totally irrational and obsessive when it comes to your own child? I found myself obsessing over Daughter today. I was sharing my worries with Luscious when she suggested a way to resolve the problem. It was devious, sneaky, and ridiculous BUT I did it! She was my accomplice which made it seem more like a silly prank (and I know it will be something we laugh about for years to come), but if you asked me yesterday if I would have done something like it...I would have said no. I've been sneaky before, but this was at an entirely different level. I wouldn't have done it had it not been to allay Daughter's fears and the compulsion to get to the bottom of her turmoil. The KICKER is that now that I've done it and I know that she has nothing to worry about I can't even divulge the info since I cannot explain how I know what I know. YEESH!

No comments: