Sunday, April 22, 2007

Roses Are Red




One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today. ~ Dale Carnegie

I am using this quote in the most literal sense. I generally have the blackest thumb when it comes to gardening and tending to plants. Somehow I have mangaged to maintain roses in my front yard. One of my favorite times of year is when they awake from their winter retreat and shyly begin to bloom. I have patiently waited....watching the leaves sprout, seeing small buds appear, and then finally my reward: my first bloom!!! My patience is still being challenged because now I am looking at all the buds that are ready to explode!!!! My first bloom has greeted me each day as I head off to work and, even yesterday when I was heading to school on Saturday (grrr), each day it has put a smile on my face and in my heart. Thank you little blossom for cheering me. Thank you God for giving me pleasure from this tiny blossom and for teaching me another lesson in patience. I am, at least for a short while, enjoying the roses blooming outside my window today. :0)

No comments: