Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Suck

I'm kicking my own ass! ~ Jim Carrey (Liar Liar)

I knew it! All the spending would come back to haunt me. We tend to be slack about getting our mail from the post office. I don't even have a key to the box....it's attached to some set of keys I handed off to someone and have no idea where they ended up (remember, I live in a safe area...I often leave my house for the day w/out locking the doors). Today Hubby brought home a letter addressed to the Parents of Daughter. It was a notification that she had been nominated to attend the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C. Smiles and pride until I see the cost: $1770. I am sick. After rationalizing and accepting the new big ticket items we purchased with our tax refund, this comes. Giving up one of those items would have made this seem possible. There are all sorts of Fund Raising ideas, but the application is accepted on a first come, first served basis and is due on May 16 with full payment. I want to send Daughter. I don't know HOW to do it. I guess I was right to question our purchases. Excuse me while I go either puke, cry, or both.

No comments: