Friday, April 20, 2007

All Caffeined Up.....

Don't pretend I think you know I'm damn precious. And hell yeah I'm the mother f***in' princess. ~ Avril Lavigne

OK. It's Friday night. I had Mountain Dew this evening. Mistake. It wouldn't be a problem if I DIDN'T have to go to school tomorrow to make up for Monday. It's now 10:40. I am revved up and can't be still. I am listening to all sorts of music on Lime Wire. One of my new favorites is Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne. It's upbeat and obnoxious....kinda like I feel right now....but definitely not anything I relate to (as far as the lyrics go). I don't hate anyone's girlfriend nor do I want to be someone's girlfriend...just a fun song, especially when frazzled from caffeine. I think part of the euphoric feeling is due to the Girl Scout meeting. Those chicks keep me entertained. They giggle and act goofy and I can't help but join in the fun and get giddy myself. THEN Daughter totally embarrassed me in the grocery store...in a goofy, girly way. I presently am teaching the child of a guy I went to high school with. He was one of the "popular" people....not someone I typically hung around since I never quite seemed to earn enough cool points. I was more like David Spade in Tommy Boy: kept in the nerdery. Anyway, Daughter and I ran into him in the grocery store and exchanged hello's. Daughter asked who he was and I explained that he was Ginger's dad (nickname is a private joke btwn Daughter, Girlfriend, and me which I will happily share outside of the blog). Before he could get out of ear shot, Daughter tells me that he was checking out my butt. I was wearing my winter coat which would prevent any butt-viewing. I thought I was going to die! It's ok....I'll get my revenge when she's in middle school....that warrants at least 10 loud embarrassing "I love you's!" and maybe even a kiss! Is it possible to avoid this guy for the rest of the year?!

1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

OMG! That is completely hysterical! Times change from high school, don't they? I am like 500 times "cooler" than HS. Is that because it took me until age 36 to know who I am and be comfortable in my own skin? Had the cool kids in HS figured it out already? I really wonder how that all works sociologically. Oh well, that will be for someone else with a different degree to figure out. I am just glad that we are all the same in Christ! :)