Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shame

It's always darkest before the dawn. ~ proverb

The drama of last evening has diminished significantly. Yes, me stressing again. Hubby and I mulled it over and figure we can find the funds to send Daughter to the conference if she really is dedicated to going. The opportunity is incredible! She would be visiting D.C., Philadelphia, Harper's Ferry, and spending one night at the Maryland Science Center. I'm sure I'll be commenting again!

On a similar, yet a bit different note, I watched American Idol - Idol Gives Back last night. Fretting over my finances seemed so trivial as I gazed at the screen with Daughter and seeing the plight that faces so many others in this world. I am ashamed of my selfishness. The mere fact that we have clothes, shelter, food, and good health makes us far more fortunate than many others. Something I need to keep in mind when I am dissatisfied with life as I experience it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are feeling better about everything - that is a LOT of money, and a bit of a last-minute surprise, so it would be tough for anyone. and, doesn't it seem to happen after we've sunken money into home improvements or car repairs or something like that?! please let daughter know how proud me and caroline are of her! that's awesome! (don't forget to keep all these things so when you're filling out applications to gov school, etc.!) carolina