Saturday, October 28, 2006

Just a Typical Saturday Night

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. ~ Jimmy Buffett

In the short time since I blogged the insanity involved in rearing children has become quite apparent. While out and about with Hubby this evening, Daughter was goofing around with some hot peppers that someone had given Hubby. She touched her lips. Yes, they were burning. When he brought her home, she was searching for lip balm. She can NEVER keep track of hers and mine was in the car. She went into the bathroom and came out producing a tube of Preparation H. She asked Hubby if she could put it on her lips. He said that she could not....trying to hold back the laughter. Her argument FOR using it involved the fact that the label said "cooling" on it. I then walked into Son's room. He had oddly gotten ready for bed before being told to do so...a major oddity around here. Needless to say, I needed to investigate to see if there was a particular reason. I found the dirty clothes strewn across the floor....nothing odd about that. They were not wet or exceedingly dirty. Then I spied the large wet spot on the carpet. The 5-year-old lying machine went right to work citing that he had spilled a drink in his room. I did not believe him for a minute. My Mom Instincts had me down on my knees smelling the wet spot....definitely not the smell of Propel. More like urine. Human urine. He finally admitted that he had pulled down his pants and peed on the carpet. We DO have a bathroom with the modern luxury of a flush toilet. Instead, my dear son felt the need to pee on his carpet. Just another Saturday evening of fun at my house. (Hubby is telling his sister the Daughter story right now....unable to hold back his laughter this time. WOOP....there goes the Son story - hee hee).

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I almost peed my pants when I read this. I believe that life is as funny as it gets when you least expect it. Enjoy all these moments because they will be gone so soon.