Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween...in short!

A lot of adults are very into Halloween. ~ Suzanne Smith

Sorry for the pitiful entry...I can already tell you that I am not "on a roll" for writing or ranting, but want to try to write every day. I think I will be more inspired when I have the photos and am not ready to embrace slumber. I am definitely not into the "trick-or-treat" aspect of this holiday. Costumes and handing out candy are my main interests. What's truly sad is that Ethel, her husband....who I guess should be called Fred...., and I took our brood of kids out for the evening (if one considers an evening 'under two hours'). We made our way around our small neighborhood via their pick-up truck...lined with pillows nonetheless. Pure laziness....but then again, who wants to tromp around the neighborhood carrying our alcoholic beverages when we can drive with them? I have vivid memories of childhood trick-or-treating.....hours of walking....no trucks or transportation of any kind. We begged for that candy until our legs ached and we were practically frozen (yes, I grew up in THE NORTH). Fortunately, tonight was a nice evening (I think the ones in the back of the truck who had to endure the mosquitoes who were obviously out trick-or-treating for their favorite delicacy may disagree). The kids collected an abundance of candy. I ate myself sick all day (we had a Character Costume Party at school - I was Stellaluna - which my daughter insisted I wear this evening too). Oh...and best of all....Son introduced us to a new entity that lives in our house. In addition to "I Don't Know" and "I Didn't Do It", we now have the impish "Boogie Dog" residing in our home. This infamous creature was responsible for spilling the dog's kibble on the kitchen floor. Look out for this new havoc-wreaking freak. BEWARE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My step-daughter turned 18 recently and will be off to college next year.
Your last two posts brought back some really great memories of slumber parties, birthday parties and Halloween.

I also have a Lab from CTR, which is how I was blessed to find this blog.

Kristin said...

nova-reader:

when did you get your lab?

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe she's 8 months old, picked her up in the Spring at 8 weeks
old. Did a lot of searching on the Internet. We have some really fine breeders, near me, Goldvein, Fredricksburg,Va. But the price was out of site. BYB the pedigree's on CTR pups is as good if not better than
anything you'll find. (sorry for the commercial).

Kristin said...

Ours will celebrate her 1st birthday Nov. 11. :0) We ADORE her!!!