Monday, March 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Yadda, yadda, yadda. - Seinfeld

I could not let this evening pass without posting at least one small little blog (if I can create such a beast). I am back from Vegas and had a spectacular time traveling the world (Paris, New York, Venice - hee hee) with Ethel. Just to warn you, the blogs that I compose about this trip will be highlighting and creating humor out of every obnoxious encounter we had with a variety of freaks under less than stellar circumstances. These rantings may seem to make me appear unappreciative of Ethel's generosity. Things, however, are not always as they appear as was well demonstrated by the smoke and mirrors that create the city of Las Vegas. Sharing my dark sense of humor, Ethel is eagerly awaiting my sarcastic recollections of our trip....she offered me pen and paper many times to begin composing, but we both know that my words will come when they are ready. She is depending on me to capture every odd moment of our trip, creating humor out of events that must be laughed about. My retellings are what she is craving as a memento of the trip. She has promised to post a waiver stating this so readers will not peg me as an ungrateful wench. If she does not do so, as agreed upon while on the trip, I will send her to the chicken farm and make her ride on the left side of the plane for eternity. Sorry...inside jokes that will be revealed as my trip recaps (yes, there will be many - look forward to No Fear, But Definite Loathing in Las Vegas in an upcoming post) are composed. It's fun to get away, but good to be home. Thanks AGAIN, Ethel. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, ETHEL, BEING OF SOUND MIND AND BODY, DO HEREBY AGREE AND CONDONE AND RELISH ALL OF THE RAMBLINGS OF SAID BEST FRIEND, KRISTIN L. GRAY, WITH REGARDS TO OUR RECENT ADVENTURE (HOPEFULLY JUST THE FIRST OF MANY TRIPS TO EXPLORE THIS CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN) EN ROUTE TO AND FROM, AND IN THE HEART OF, LAS VEGAS. THANKS, K - FOR BEING THERE AND HELPING ME NOT TO FORGET A MOMENT OF OUR "FUN" :).