Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Ball Like None Other


You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. - Joe E. Lewis

If this is the case, then it must apply to the horrors of an ear infection as well. I must be the epitome of health. Never in my life have I been so miserable. I compare this pain to the pain of childbirth (at least the contractions ease up between the crests) and the gas that resided in my shoulders after surgery. HORRIBLE! I woke to sheer pain at 3am on Sunday morning. The doctor saw me at 11am. After receiving the "scrip" for the infection, I humbly asked for pain relief...risking the chance of being viewed as one of our friendly neighborhood pill hounds. The codeine, which usually knocks me out quicker than a punch from Tyson, didn't come CLOSE to touching this pain or providing any form of unconsciousness. The dizziness, which still has not gone, is annoying to say the least. Shortly after seeing the doctor on Sunday, my eardrum ruptured! Oh the fun of that!!! Bloody pus oozing from my ear until Tuesday morning. Joy. Did I mention the nausea?! I didn't have to worry about any point counting on Monday because everything I consumed sought to live elsewhere! I am now on antibiotics for the infection and motion sickness medication to ease the dizziness which leads to the nausea. The constant ringing in my ear is a total nuisance. So, if you want to experience the shortcomings of alcohol consumption....dizziness and nausea....I suggest finding yourself a good old-fashioned ear infection!!! It will do the trick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better by today - i'm sooo sorry you had to go through that. by now, the drugs should be working . . . take care of yourself! kimmie

jackie said...

YUCK! i hope it goes away IMMEDIATELY! sorry you are having such a crappy time of it!

Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't our LOVELY (cough, cough) accomodations on our trip :( I hope you are better today!!!