Wednesday, November 14, 2007

PROCRASTINATION


He's looking so geeky he couldn't even get into a science-fiction convention. ~ Red Dwarf

BUT she's just geeky enough to present at the North Carolina Science Teacher's convention! I have so much to do that I am procrastinating by sitting in front of this screen. We present tomorrow. What's done? The PowerPoints. My clothes are in a bag (NOT IRONED - Luscious will have hives over that one!) Not done:
* all the supplies are not gathered and packed
* the hand-outs are not copied
* the links to the documents have not been uploaded to my school web site (didn't know I had that one, did you?)
* my plans are not printed nor are the materials lined up in my typically anal fashion
* there isn't enough gas in my car for me to get to work
* Son's turkey project (due Fri., but has to go w/me today) is still wet with glue even though I glued it on Monday. OK...maybe I squeezed a lot on there BUT the hot glue would not adhere to the Fun Foam so I was left with Elmer's Glue All. Let me tell you.....Elmer's Glue All does not want to glue potpourri onto Fun Foam. I guess I should take a picture and post it here....maybe that can be another form of procrastination. If this turkey pic DOES materialize, please keep in mind that I must glue the eyes on at school. The wiggle eyes that I have here just aren't the right size. Just like everything else, I am anal about family projects. Poor Son has to get up and explain how he made it with his family. I can just hear it now, "My mom cut and glued and yelled for all of us to stay away from it." I can't have some junky lookin' stuff representing OUR family!
Did I mention that I have to teach until 2? I hope this stuff gets done! Yet, here I sit as if some fairy is going to do all this crap. Let me go photo the gooey turkey and think about getting in the shower so we can possibly get out the door with only a minimum of yelling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the presentation went well and hope you had a good trip.