Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I Wanna Rock

I wanna rock! ~ Twisted Sister

First of all, I must acknowledge my 1st Blog-iversary! I have been a blogger for one year! Yay!

Christmas was delightful! I am blessed with children who sleep in and don't rise at the crack of dawn to descend upon the treasures of Santa. We began opening gifts around 9am. The kids moved right through their presents at a good pace: not too fast nor too slow. :0) Daughter and I spent the rest of the day clad in our pj's. Gotta love a day like that!! Son was dressed and out the door as quickly as possible to try out the new bike and skateboard between rain showers. He also played with the neighbor (who showed up knocking excited about his new motorized scooter BEFORE my kids were up).

The majority of the afternoon was spent rocking out with the Play Station 2 game Guitar Hero. I am not a video gamer by nature BUT I am completely addicted to this game. The neighbor kid commented, "I didn't know a teacher could rock!" I guess he hasn't seen School of Rock...hee hee. Daughter, Girlfriend, and I took turns rockin' out this game. For those unfamiliar, it is a game that comes with a guitar and the color coded "notes" appear on the screen. The songs are true rock....I Love Rock and Roll, I Wanna Be Sedated, Iron Man, More Than a Feeling, etc. and get increasingly hard. We "beat" the game on easy and are now struggling through the songs again on medium. My eyes are glassy...my arms and fingers are cramped to the point that I am having trouble typing (thank God for the backspace button). Hubby has yet to get the guitar in his hands and looks longingly at it as I grasp it tightly attempting to play Smoke on the Water. Daughter is presently screaming at it because the difficulty levels are increasing. I have a bit of an advantage since more of the songs are familiar to me and have some clue about what they are supposed to sound like. There's even a Guitar Hero II available!!! So, if you don't hear from me for a few days....it's a safe bet to assume that I'm rockin'!

UPDATE: Guitar Hero is still being played for hours at a time. What will I do next week when I can't rock each day away? Hubby and I went out to a friend's last night and when we got home I rocked out with the girls until midnight!!! BTW: Guitar Hero 2 has been ordered. I am presently downloading some of the songs from LimeWire (yes, I looked up the play list that is on GH2) so I can become familiar with the songs that are going to kick my butt.....I need to hone my skills. ROCK ON!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry made me laugh. My next door neighbors just got one. They are in their late 20's and early 30's with no kids. I thought the premise was goofy, but they plugged it in and started jamming to Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box" and I realized how neat it was. I have not yet been back over to play, but I will try Smoke on the Water next time.

Or maybe Stairway to Heaven.

GP in ATL

Kristin said...

"Heart Shaped Box" is on GH2...which has now been ordered. :0)