Saturday, March 03, 2007

Calling All Girls

Cecile: This iced tea tastes funny.
Sebastian: It's from Long Island.
~ Cruel Intentions

I don't know if it's because I could sleep in this morning or if it's the delightfully caffeinated coffee I indulged in this morning or if it's just the odd force of nature that has made everything off-kilter this week.....NONETHELESS: I am in the mood to throw down. I could easily down a few Long Island Iced Teas in some crowded place with loud blaring music....like the Trolls of yore...and laugh the night away with my friends. Sadly, this will not take place. Why? Several reasons.
1. I live in an area that does not have liquor by the drink. In order to get the drink I am longing for, I would have to take a ferry ride to the next county or drive an hour away.
2. At this stage in life, calling people at 5:30 in the evening to arrange for a night of frivolous fun is usually not fruitful.

What's even sadder is that as much I would love to go out, by 8:30 I will be ready for bed. At least I am saving myself from a hangover tomorrow. :0)

No comments: