Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Space

Stupidity often saves a man from going mad. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

My Space. My Space. My Space. I hear about it on tv, among children, and even among adults. Wow. The things you can learn about people at that crazy site! I have seen former students rather drunk and practically naked. I have seen a colleague's child with a suspicious item in hand. It's dementedly amusing and difficult to pull away from once there. Well, I decided that I needed to jump on the My Space wagon myself. However, I created a horror. I used a picture that doesn't even reveal my face. I embedded a song riddled with profanity. I added a video I found on You Tube that sings a song about a chupacabra. I said that I was a chupacabra hunter. I have a purple llama that visitors can feed. I named her Tina the Fat Lard (from Napoleon Dynamite). I also took a survey that revealed what South Park character I am and posted the results because the picture is of Cartman from one of my favorite episodes (Scott Tenorman Must Die). The only thing "real" on the page is my education profile. Girlfriend said I shouldn't leave that stuff on there because people will think I am on crack. I think it's pretty funny. Then again, I have a pretty warped sense of humor at times. I HAVE thought about former students stumbling upon it.....I wonder if they'll think I'm as freaky as I think they are..............

1 comment:

jackie said...

and yet--where is the link to this mysterious page of which you speak? myspace--it scares me...