Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Further Comment


Miss Perky: Some people perceive you as somewhat...
Kat: Tempestuous?
Miss Perky: Heinous bitch is the term used most often. You may want to work on that.
~ 10 Things I Hate About You

1. My ear sucks. It is filled with fluid AGAIN....at least not infected. I am on Allegra D ($50?!) for two weeks and if it does not go away I get to experience life with Prednozone (sp?). I hear it makes one irritable. yay. Just what I need to enhance my life at work (sarcasm dripping!!!).

2. I SO BADLY MISS THE GIRLS I WORKED WITH FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS!!! Luscious is still there and I love working with her BUT I miss the others so much. I am forced to run my classroom as if I am a warden.... otherwise all hell breaks loose. I do not blame the kids. I know they think I am a tyrant, but if I attempt to have the least little bit of fun it turns into total chaos because Dukie doesn't know when to quit. I have spoken with her about not letting things get out of hand TO NO AVAIL!!! I feel I cannot leave her alone with the kids at all. I ran down the hall to photocopy something during SILENT reading today and came back to find her sitting in the rocking chair singing into the microphone. Was it silent anymore?! HELL NO! I cannot take much more of this before I blow! She told me that she is "trying" and that it isn't always her fault that things get out of hand. I told her that SHE is the adult. For goodness sake......these are 7 & 8 year old children she is with! Did I mention that this is not someone younger than me? This woman is in her 50's! I have probably written more than I should have...but I am at my breaking point. I typically have no "balls" when it comes to confronting people. Today I told her how difficult she made my job and to remember these instances when I had to evaluate her at the end of the year because situations like today were something I would have to mark her down for. Yes, I was so disgusted and angry that I was able to grow a pair. This is monumental for me. I still hate that I was forced to be that way. Is it June?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to tell her where to get off! Be in her face, tell her what is what! (But who am I to talk. The person I work with always asks me what is wrong and I always tell her that I am tired.I can't seem to tell her that she is on my last nerve and what a big suck up she is.) But I am strong for you, man! L