Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ready or Not...

He who is well prepared has won half the battle. ~ Unknown

Tomorrow is the day....VBS begins! I have made list after list. Updated each list. Estimated the names and numbers of the children who will attend. Tried to figure out just how many of each snack supply we will need for each day (not knowing the number of kids we are going to have). Shopped. Decorated. Worried. Basically, I have won half the battle because I don't think I could be ANY more prepared. The decorations are done. The sanctuary looks gorgeous...the youth and their leader did a fantastic job. The other rooms look good, too. The story room is not as elaborate as the manual suggests, but that just leaves room for improvement next year OR it challenges the children to use their imaginations (I'll go with the latter). I am so thankful for all the help! Now I am going to bed so I can get enough rest for the other half of the battle. As I told one of the first-time station leaders after she expressed her anxiety about tomorrow, I was/am nervous too...I have never directed the VBS BUT I am positive that once it gets underway, it will all be great and there will be nothing left to worry about. The kids WILL have fun and the week will go well. :0) YAY for tomorrow! Ethel, the photographer, is taking pictures throughout the week so I will be sure to post some. :0)

No comments: