Monday, November 10, 2008

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting

The waiting is the hardest part...~Tom Petty

My new obsession? I guess that should be plural b/c there are two main new ones. One would be my Facebook. I loved MySpace until I got on Facebook and found a bunch of old friends. Now I can't stay away...checking out everyone's quotes, seeing the pics, and sending around flowers, drinks, etc.

The other obsession? Checking the National Boards site to see if they are letting us know the release date of the scores. Is once a day enough? NO! Have they given the smallest hint? NO! All the site says is "on or before Dec. 31, 2008". Local scuttlebutt says that Nov. 21 is the big date. 9AM on a Friday. Can I really wait until after school to check? Should I take the day off? I do not want to ruin my day with my students by reading bad news at 9AM. I really don't know if I can restrain myself until I am out of there. I don't think I want to take a full day off. If I do receive bad news, I will be worthless, though. Oh, what to do, what to do. All this waiting and wondering is really starting to get to me. Yeesh!

No comments: