Friday, June 22, 2007

A Main Course of Laughter and a Heaping Side of Gossip

Dining out is a vice, a dissipation of spirit punished by remorse. We eat, drink, and talk a little too much, abuse all our friends, belch out our literary preferences and are egged on by accomplices in the audience to acts of mental exhibitionism. Such evenings cannot fail to diminish those who take part in them. ~ Cyril Connolly

I have NO remorse for the evening I spent with my accomplices Ethel and Jazzy in honor of Jazzy's birthday next week. The food was delicious. The gossip was juicy. The sights out the window were humorous and could only have been surpassed if someone had fallen into the creek. Ol' Cyril must have been a big loser with no friends if he truly possessed this attitude toward dining out......let him look down his nose at us for enjoying our evening of vice. I have not been "diminished" by my excursion into the world of dining out with girlfriends. On the contrary, I have been enhanced. Thanks, ladies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time and you beat me to the blog! I was just warming up a great one. I keep trying to find two new victims for the game. Thanks for the idea. No one is safe.

BTW, nights like that make getting older ok.

Kristin said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah....just another excuse not to write. Just sent you a few victims for your reading displeasure.