Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And Miles to Go Before I Sleep

It is our best work that God wants, not the dregs of our exhaustion. I think he must prefer quality to quantity. ~ George MacDonald

I was asked at a church function on Sunday if I was enjoying my summer break. Flippantly I replied, "Not yet." Why? It is June 26 and I have yet to even begin the vegging out that summer has offered in the past. By now my house is usually in it's "summer state": cleaner than most of the rest of the year and I have been to the beach numerous times. This year: deplorable household conditions and merely 2 trips to the beach. I have brought this on myself, I know. I have managed to completely exhaust myself. Between my Saturday job, VBS, 3 trips to Virginia in 3 weeks (ok.....I did NOT have to shop as late as I did, but a girl's gotta shop!), and the upcoming trip to DC (that I am stressing about already because of the amount of preparation that needs to go into it), I am pooped!!! I hereby declare that July 6, 2007 will be MY official first day of summer break and I commit myself to at least veg out on THAT day. Back to the grind.....how much caffeine will THIS day require to deliver quality? I need to pencil in a nap on today's agenda....now maybe I can combine this with a trip to the beach.....hmm.

1 comment:

Jenn Johnson said...

Enjoy your day. Had a great time on our trip!