Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Fourteen?!

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I truly believe in fate and destiny when I reflect on my relationship with Hubby. I met him while vacationing in the small beach community where we now live. It was, amazingly, the summer before I entered 8th grade. Even then, I knew there was some sort of connection between us. I have much more to write in honor of our 14th wedding anniversary, but I will edit those in later. I just felt the need to quickly acknowledge our special day first thing this morning. I wouldn't trade any of our times together. OK, so some of you have been privy to the complaints that have arisen over the course of our relationship. However, I would not trade those experiences because those have made us the people we are today and have molded our life. I love this guy more than I can ever express and could not imagine an existence without him. Until I have more time.....

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Congratulations! Hubby and I are working on 16 years of sometimes love sometimes not wedded bliss. Can't imagine a different life. Wishing you and yours many more to come!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to have been along for the ride with your "love affair" for two decades??? Wow! I really respect you...for so many reasons. Hope your day was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

you can quit lying to these people now and come clean. It wasn't fate or destiny but me being a pain in the ass and you couldn't get rid of me. So here we are after 14 yaers and I am still a thorn in your side. There's no place I would rather be stuck( well, almost) Love you, Hubby