Friday, January 21, 2011

Day of Discontent

Now is the winter of discontent. ~ William Shakespeare

Don't know why, but I woke up a grouch and have pretty much remained a grouch. Once it started, it snowballed. I have been near tears most of the day: my foul mood, some junk at work, friends dealing with sickness...although the sun was out, it was a dreary day. Today was the kind of day that I yearned to be one of those people that clearly don't care about anything. How lovely it would be to adopt the "I don't give a shit" attitude. OK...I know I'm wandering. My silver lining (prior to stepping over the threshold of my haven) was the end of my work day. It was fabulous....and NO, not because I was leaving. It was constructive, fun, and offered a glimmer of hope for repairing a less than stellar situation. Before I go back downstairs to socialize with the fam, I am going to try to turn this melancholy day into something a bit more positive. So, I am going to end this entry with a quote of positivity. Yes, this is an oddity for me and my cynical outlook, but I'm attempting to lift my spirits for those that truly matter most.

Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. ~ Thomas A. Edison

No comments: