Friday, June 13, 2008

Never Wanted Nothing More

Well I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
I'm sure happy with what I've got
I live to love and laugh a lot
And thats all I need ~ Kenny Chesney lyrics

I've recently spent some quality time with Ethel....a rarity in our lives. Believe it or not, when I refer to "quality time", it does involve the presence of the children. For the moment, we believe we are fortunate to be in a stage where it's a bit easier than it has been. The older ones are responsible enough to tend to the younger ones so we can sneak out for a lunch or a walk. The younger ones aren't too much of a handful....they can tend to their needs and (as much as younger siblings respect older siblings) obey the older kids. The older ones are not attempting to sneak off and do "things" that will surely horrify us in the future (and probably make me regret this entry). We are not naive to think that rough days do not lie ahead as we navigate a course through "the teenage years" with the entire brood (this cycle officially begins in Dec. and will end when Son turns 20....in 14 short years), but for now we relish our days of "easier" parenting. For today, I am thankful for everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed you this week while I was gone. Looking forward to more of that QTime next week :)