Friday, September 07, 2007

Surreal




O Lord, with your eyes you have searched me, kindly smiling, have spoken my name.
Now my boat's left on the shoreline behind me; by your side I will seek other seas.
~ Cesareo Gabarain

I sat listening on the bench facing the front as were all the others. The building was familiar in that I felt that I had been there before (when actually I have never seen or been to this place before). I glanced to the right. In the middle of the seating area were 5 headbands adorned with flowers and ribbons paying homage to the memory of 5 girls who sat there many years ago as children. I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out who the 5 were. I only could think of 3. I turned to my left and there he was. Clear as a bell. I reached over to comfort him and when I touched his arm, the phone blared and woke me up, immediately transporting me from a dream into reality.....only to find out that the person I had just touched in my dream was at peace.....Gene had just died. I know he visited me on his way Home. My overly analytical mind has come up with a few reasons WHY, but despite the reason, I feel blessed. As devastating as this is, it is just one more confirmation of faith. The peace that has enveloped us as we have prayed together as a family proves the power of God's love. My mind is racing right now and is filled with a zillion thoughts comparing this situation to the situation I experienced when my mom died. I don't think I can express my thoughts properly in writing, so I will keep them to myself for now.....ready to share at a later date. For now, just pray. Pray for RA. Pray that I can follow through on my word. Pray that we, as a family, can weather yet another "storm".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my prayers, thoughts and love to you, hubby and your family. please give RA and all the girls a hug from me - take care, love ya,
kimmie

Suzie said...

I was, as always, touched by your words. I know you live your faith daily and you are a great example to me. My prayers are with all of you and your wonderful, generous extended family.

Love and hugs,
Suzie

Jenn Johnson said...

I am so thankful that you have such a wonderful family - I can't really write what's on my mind, but I love you.

Anonymous said...

thats so weird that u had that dream. I wonder what uncle gene is doing right now. probably fishing

you ahole

haha -Rachel